Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Flat Stanley Visits Guam

For those of you who don't know who Flat Stanley is, you're really missing out.  But also in luck because I'm about to tell you all about him.  He is a little boy who sadly got flattened by a bookcase, but the good news is that now he can travel around the world in an envelope.  And travel he does.

A little second grader from Pasadena, CA sent his Flat Stanley to Drew in Guam.  Flat Stanley hung out with Drew for about 2 weeks (he'd been sitting here for a few months all by himself while Drew was out on the ship).  And just today we sent Flat Stanley back with the story of his travels, a few snapshots of his adventures & a few Guam treasures.



Dear Miguel,

            I’m sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.  I was away on a ship for three months and did not get Flat Stanley until I returned back to Guam.

            In my time back in Guam, Flat Stanley and I have been having a lot of fun.  He came with me to work and helped me give legal advice to all of the service members here on Guam.  He was particularly good at giving me help when I was writing wills for my clients.

            Last week he came with my wife and me to a barbeque at the beach.  We took some pictures and he had fun playing in the sand.  Sadly, though, he didn’t really manage to get a tan.  But he did get to see a guy kite surfing with a bright green kite. 

            This last weekend Stanley came to Law Day at the Micronesia Mall, Guam’s largest shopping center, with me.  He really liked watching the mock trial and the traditional Chamorro dancers.  I think he learned a lot too!

            Thanks for letting Flat Stanley come to visit me.  I had a lot of fun showing him around the island of Guam – where America’s day begins. 


                                       Sincerely,

                                       Lieutenant Andrew Coffin 

                              

                      

3 comments:

  1. Looks like Flat Stanley and Drew became best buds. How sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get flattened by a bookcase so I could mail myself out to you guys and spend a few days with you in Guam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story! I love the idea!!! "Guam - where America's day begins. I love it!"

    ReplyDelete