Thursday, April 28, 2011

Reunited...

And it feels so good!  (I just sang that as I typed, in case you couldn't tell)  I arrived in Guam last night, April 28, 2011, after one false start and a 15 hour journey.

I was supposed to leave on Tuesday, April 26, but when I arrived at the airport with my dad and 5 bags in tow, we found out that my flight was 2 hours delayed and I would have missed my connection to Guam.  Being stranded in Hawaii for 24 hours wouldn't have been all bad, but I opted to rebook for the next day and get some wonderful extra time with my family.

I was bumped up to first class on my way from LAX to Hawaii & it was awesome.  I think I've only flown first class one time in my life, so it was a real treat.  The highlights were the Bloody Mary (and the flight attendant asking me if I was old enough to drink it) and the made-to-order ice cream sundae.  I got it with chocolate syrup, whipped cream & a cherry on top - delicious!  I spent most of my trip reading "The Memory Keeper's Daughter"& trying to figure out if I had read it before.  I'm about halfway through now and it seems familiar, but I can't remember for the life of me how it ends.  Maybe I started it and never finished?  I guess I'll just keep reading...

Drew and I are very excited to be together finally!  We have big plans for our time together in Guam, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. aw! i miss you already!!!!!!!!! it was fun skyping last night! (even though you couldn't see me most of the time, i promise i was there)! :)
    www.habitformingsuccess.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess- So glad you arrived safely and soo good to hear from you! I have been missing you and thinking about you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete