Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Couch Saga - Part Deux/The Amazing Technicolor Couch

So yesterday I blogged about the ill-fated delivery of our new couch, but little did I know that wasn't the worst of it.  As it stands now, we have no couch and we got a refund of the money we did pay for our new couch.

I got a call yesterday morning from the couch delivery guy letting me know that there was a small problem.  Apparently, they went back to the store and pulled the floor model that we bought out into the warehouse to package it up and bring to us.  According to him, when the couch went from the store into the warehouse it turned from dark green (the color we bought) to dark brown.  And he wanted to know if we still wanted the couch or if we wanted to come see the color-changing couch for ourselves.  Flabbergasted, I asked him, "Don't you think that's a bit odd that the couch just changes color?"  He said that he did think it was odd, but according to him the tag on the couch listed the following colors: mocha, chestnut & walnut.  He assumed that it meant the couch could change any one of those colors depending on the light.  Still not buying what he was selling, I asked "Have you had this problem before and, if so, what have those customers done?"  Well, he replied, they just took the couch.  You mean to tell me that they bought a dark green couch, but they just said "Oh well!" and took a dark brown couch instead.  We weren't really seeing eye to eye so I hung up with him and called the main store number hoping to speak to the seemingly more competent woman who sold us the couch or the manager.

I get a sales lady on the phone and I get the same story from her about this amazing chameleon couch.  I asked her, "Doesn't the green couch come with green & purple accent pillows?  Because the accent pillows that they brought with the brown couch yesterday had light & dark brown pillows."  Her response, we can give you the green & purple pillows if you want.  Ay yi yi.  Again, not speaking the same language or something, I tell her that I will discuss it with my husband but that we will probably want a refund of our money since we thought we were purchasing a green couch & nobody told us it could magically change colors.  I mean, what if it just changes to red over time??  Talked to Drew and decided that we were done with the shadsters & their magic couches, so I called back announcing myself as "Jessica Coffin, calling about the color-changing couch" and got a full refund.  We're still couchless, but at least I have a great Guam experience now.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! That is hilarious! GUam is so magical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! They stand behind the color-changing couch story, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, they're not backing down. The last thing the lady told me was that they're going to put it closer to the door so that people can see the color in the natural light.

    ReplyDelete