Monday, June 27, 2011

Beautiful Guam




Last week I was hanging out on base waiting for Drew to get off work so I could pick him up.  [We still are a one car family because even though we have a new car we can't drive it yet because it has no plates & we don't have the title - it's a long & frustrating story but the nice part is that Drew & I get to carpool together.]  I wasn't quite sure how to kill the time and then remembered I was surrounded by beautiful beaches!  I ended up at Gab Gab Beach and just relaxed and soaked in God's beautiful creation.  It really doesn't get much more peaceful than sitting on the beach in Guam.

Drew & I were very productive this past weekend.  We kept up our weekly date at Meskla Dos (the best burger place on island) on Friday night.  I got the French Toast Slammer - a burger in between two french toast pieces with a fried egg on top and drenched in maple syrup.  Needless to say, I could barely eat half of it and left telling Drew that it was truly delicious but I didn't think I would order it again because I didn't want to die.  Drew got his old standby - the fabulous tuna melt.

On Saturday we really went to town giving our upstairs balcony a much needed deep cleaning.  Drew scrubbed the floors & walls to get rid of the built-up mildew and I cleaned our patio furniture.  We felt very accomplished after our cleaning and know we will use our balcony a lot more now!  As we were finishing up, Drew sprayed our sandals down and was going to leave them outside to dry.  And the following conversation ensued:

Me:  I don't want to leave my sandals outside because a gecko is going to come poop on them.
Drew:  That's so weird.  I can guarantee that a gecko isn't going to come anywhere near your shoes.
Me:  Okay.


About an hour later I peeked out on the balcony to find this little guy (for some reason I think all geckos are boys) chillin' right on my shoe.  I can't say for sure whether he pooped on it or not, but I'm pretty sure he did.


On Sunday we went to the early church service at the chapel on base (we're still trying to find the right church fit for us) because I was going scuba diving in the afternoon.  As part of my diving certification class I was supposed to get a free boat dive, but it didn't work out with the timing of my class so my instructor signed me up for the one on Sunday to tag along with one of his other classes.  It was my first boat dive & it was awesome!  We had two tanks so we went diving at two locations - the Seabee Graveyard & Western Shoals.  The first one had all this equipment at the bottom of the ocean from where the seabees (essentially the building crew of the Navy) dumped it long ago - there were huge tractors & just all kinds of stuff down there.  It was so cool to look at it.  The second spot had some of the most beautiful fish I have seen yet on Guam and there were SO many of them - swimming through schools of fish is just such an amazing experience.  While I was off diving, Drew was watching the Gold Cup finals (sad) and getting more things done around the house.  Overall, it was another wonderful weekend here in beautiful Guam.

4 comments:

  1. Great, remind me not to leave my shoes outside! I too, now, fear gecko poop. All these pics are making me so excited! So stoked for a clean balcony, there is where I intend to drink my coffee and read my kindle every morning, if I don't die of heat stroke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you! Great pictures and stories. I wish you were my cleaning lady, sounds like you two do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay! You posted - hooray! Miss you tons & I'll be your cleaning lady any day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete