Monday, June 13, 2011

Drumroll, Please.

It's official - I'm a certified scuba diver!  I finished my last open water ocean dive on Sunday and was so excited that I successfully completed the course.  Pictures of me in my full scuba gear to follow.  My body is a little banged up from all the diving, though, and it needs a break.  Most people don't get banged up diving, but I'm not most people - I'm clumsy and was more focused on not dying underwater than where my body was at all times.  I have some severe raw spots on both ankles because my boot/fin combination just wasn't working right for me.  I have to get some taller boots to fix that.  And I accidentally ran into the coral a few times so both my calves are slightly torn up.  Oh, and I fell on the pool deck one day so both my knees are bruised and scratched up.  I said I was clumsy.  Despite all these minor injuries, I loved my diving class and am excited to explore the underwater world some more!

In other exciting news, Britney's Femme Fatale Tour starts this Thursday in Sacramento!  I have heard so many good things about this show and I just love her new album.  I'm extremely bummed that I can't go to any of the shows.  I would have absolutely loved to see this one.  But I'm just so glad that Brit is back & doing her thing!  I know a few of you are going to her show (Jennie!) so I want all of the deets!  Can't wait to hear about it.

Drew was supposed to be on a plane right now to Tokyo and was going to be back tonight, but his flight was cancelled and he's still in LA.  We haven't had a lot of luck flying to Guam lately.  He was on the plane, had already fallen asleep & then they made everybody get off and cancelled the flight.  I'm guessing something major was wrong for them to cancel the whole flight, so I'm glad the Lord was watching over him.  He's now booked on a flight through Honolulu early tomorrow.  It will actually be a lot better route for him and he will get home at 6pm instead of 1am.  I'm really looking forward to seeing him tomorrow!  And it gives me one more day to do my cleaning.  :)

2 comments:

  1. looking forward to pics of you in scuba gear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want pics too! I knew you would pass so easily :)

    I will tell Brit hi for you and am sad you can't continue the tradition from last year :(

    Miss you so much- let's catch up again soon!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete