Thursday, June 9, 2011

One is the loneliest number...

that you'll ever do.  So the song says, things have been a little bit lonely around here this week for me.  Drew is at a training in Newport, Rhode Island learning all about computer crimes.  The timing worked out great, though, because he gets to stop by home on his way back to Guam to make his sister's graduation.  We are very proud of her - she's graduating with her Masters from Stanford!  Congrats, Maggie!

I have been finding a few things to keep me busy, like reading (currently I'm reading Book 2/Day 2 of the Kingkiller Chronicle), watching TV, cooking, baking and taking scuba diving certification classes.  I know, I know - I have such a rough life out here.  Honestly diving is a bit scary for me, but I'm hoping I can stick with it and get certified.  If anyone has ever watched the Parks and Recreation episode where Leslie Knope goes out on her first date with the police officer and runs through all the doomsday situations that could happen, then you have a glimpse of me this week with scuba diving.  Drew was the one to make the comparison and I have to admit that it kinda fits.  It just seems so unnatural to breathe underwater!  But we had our first pool dive today with all the equipment and it went okay.  I got a bit freaked out in one of the tasks we had to do, but was able to get through it on the second try.  One of Drew's coworkers is assisting in my class & it's really nice to have her down there to calm my nerves.  Probably couldn't do it without her!

Oh, and I've been watching a lot of So You Think You Can Dance.  And it's gonna be a mighty good season!  As my friend Janine said, Vegas week was fierce and, boy, was she right.  I can't wait until tomorrow to see who makes the top 20!  So happy for the return of Chugga Chugga.

3 comments:

  1. I am watching the Top 20 episode as we speak. Can't wait to talk to you about it! Oh and I understand the feeling of being lonely in a new place. Call me if you ever wanna chat! I love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get embarrasingly excited when I get shoutouts on your blog! Talk about nerd to the "n"th degree ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Nerds love nerds & that's why I love you!

    ReplyDelete