Saturday, June 18, 2011

Six Wonderful Months


Drew & I celebrated six wonderful months together yesterday (it was the 18th in Guam).  We played tennis on base (Drew beat me) & went out to a delicious dinner at Proa, complete with the dessert sampler.  Overall, it was an amazing day.  We can't believe how quickly the time has gone by.  We are so happy together & can't wait to celebrate many, many more anniversaries.  I love you, sweetie!

We had our first dinner party on Friday night.  We had Drew's friends from ultimate frisbee, James & Siiri, over for dinner and to teach them bridge.  They both picked up bridge very quickly and we're really hoping they like it so we can have a couple to play with.  We've desperately missed our tradition of Friday night bridge parties with Jake & Angela!  I made shrimp korma with basmati rice & summer squash for dinner - it was a recipe from my new Cooking Light magazine, which my mother-in-law got me a subscription for & I couldn't be happier with.  So, thank you so much, Sue!  I have already found so many delicious recipes.  We made some tasty homemade vanilla ice cream in our new ice cream maker for dessert (thanks to Fritz & Mary!) and we can't wait to make even more scrumptious treats.

Our first dinner party

And last, but certainly not least, Happy Father's Day to my wonderful daddy!  I love you so much, dad, and wish I was at home in Pasadena to celebrate this day with you.  But, I'm thinking about you and appreciate you so much.  And I hope Kobe shows you a real dandy of a day.  Love you!

1 comment:

  1. Aw man we've been replaced as your bridge partners?? J/K I hope they like it too so you have a new couple to play with. Happy Anniversary Jess and Drew!!!

    ReplyDelete