Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day


In honor of the 4th, Drew & I watched one of my favorite movies, "Independence Day."  Enjoy this little clip!  Jake & Angela just watched this movie too and he said that Ang had goosies during this part - I get them every time too.

For the Fourth, Drew & I had a little BBQ party at our house with some of his co-workers and friends.  It was a great time and we were so happy to have friends to celebrate the holiday with!  We pulled out all the stops - Drew & I both made our mom's potato salad recipes, I made grandma's Three Bean Salad, Drew barbecued hot dogs and hamburgers, we made a patriotic cheesecake & some homemade strawberry ice cream.  It was delicious & we're so excited about all the leftovers!

Our new BBQ







The boys
The girls
The Brauns with little Sarah Elizabeth
The Coffins
(p.s. I promise I was wearing a dress!)
Malachy sportin' the U.S. flag
Also, we got some very exciting news this weekend...my blood sister Jennifer Savant got engaged!  Yay!  I am so, so happy for Jennie & Jonathan and cannot wait for their wedding.  Congrats, lovebirds from babetown!  xxoo

4 comments: