Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Big 28

I recently celebrated my slow slip into my late 20s.  It's painful getting so old!  But thankfully I had my wonderful husband and amazing friend, Sarah, to spend the day with.  In typical Jessica fashion, I had a fun-filled day all planned out (even down to the times).  We started the day out with breakfast at Jan Z's - I just L-O-V-E their fried rice.  Yes, fried rice for breakfast - it's delicious!  Then we headed to Onward Water Park.  I had heard such amazing things about it and I'm a serious sucker for a lazy river.  It was so relaxing and so fun.  Sarah & I were even brave enough to try out the scary Manta water slide.  For dinner we went to CPK.  It's the first time I'd been to the one on the island, but I was really craving their BBQ chicken pizza.  Drew ordered absolutely delicious ice cream cupcakes from Coldstone for me & we had those for dessert later at home.  I also got to open so many wonderful & thoughtful gifts and cards.  I really felt so special this birthday and appreciate the birthday wishes & love from everyone.  Thank you for making my 28th birthday an absolutely wonderful day.  I have a feeling it's gonna be a great year!

Drew with his HUGE blueberry pancake
Birthday Fried Rice!




I think he got a pretty good catch ;)

The scary Manta water slide 

CPK is delicioso
Birthday toast at The Mermaid


Mint chocolate chip ice cream cupcakes - my favorite!  Drew did such a good job.


2 comments:

  1. hey old lady! glad you had such a fun bday. wish we could have been there to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three things:
    1) Why is Drew's pancake sooo big?!
    2) Cute pics at the water park...Drew did get quite the catch!
    3) Those ice cream cupcakes look delicious! Didn't know they made those.

    and 4)....I almost forgot to mention...Sarah's tan looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete