Sunday, September 30, 2012

Seriously, 106 Degrees?

My calendar says that October starts tomorrow, but the weather forecast says that it's supposed to be 106 degrees here in Pasadena tomorrow.  Seriously, 106?!  That sure doesn't seem like Fall to me.  But I better enjoy the heat while I can because once I get to Rhode Island, I will definitely have seasons and I'll definitely have cold.  I thought that because Newport is on the coast that it wouldn't get as cold, but everyone I've talked to who actually has knowledge of these things (unlike me) has said that it is a lot colder.  They've said that the wind off of the ocean is so cold that you have to walk with your head down for like 3 months or it will freeze off.  Oh great!  I'm really in for it.

Also, this is a very belated 30th birthday wish to my dear friend, Lindsay!  Last weekend I had the pleasure of heading up to Northern California to celebrate with Lindsay and her friends in San Fran.  It was a wonderful weekend with my friend.  Miss her already.


And, in other exciting news, t-minus 30 days until Drew gets back!  I can't wait.  I'm just so excited to be together again.  I know that Drew is more than ready to come home, too.  I went to a beautiful wedding last night for my friend, Erin, and her new husband, Charlie.  It was just perfect!  Congrats you two!  But I do miss having my date at weddings and, well, really all of the time.  Come home soon and safely, love.      

No comments:

Post a Comment