Saturday, October 20, 2012

He's Almost Home!

Drew is officially out of Afghanistan now & on his way home to me!  He has quite a lot of traveling ahead of him, but he'll be back before we both know it.  I honestly can't really believe it.  I'm so excited to see him!

Since he's getting here so soon, I've been busy organizing our stuff (that's not in storage) for the move.  It is really unbelievable how much stuff we amass.  I think each time we move I donate at least 4 garbage bags full of things.  And that is true of the move this time & the move we did just eight short months ago!  Each time I do this I promise myself that I'm going to stop buying & accumulating things since we'll be moving so often, but for some reason that pep talk never works.  I really wish that I did live with less stuff.  It would make moving life so much easier & it would be easier to focus on the things that are really important in life, which certainly aren't my things.  It's a constant battle & pray, but hopefully (even if slowly) I am getting better at it.  I'll keep you posted about how the move from Rhode Island goes!     

No comments:

Post a Comment