Sunday, February 19, 2012

Growing Older

Lately there have been so many big changes in my & my friends' lives.  It has gotten me thinking about growing older.  I really don't mind it as much as I thought I would.  Sure, rolling into 3-0 seems pretty daunting (and, I still have awhile left for that), but I wouldn't change the changes.

It has been such a joy to grow older with my friends.  I have loved watching them fall in love, meet the men of their dreams, get engaged, get married (granted, there were quite a few heartaches in between there), and now have children of their own.  It is so amazing to watch my friends become wonderful wives and fantastic mothers (and fathers) right before my eyes.  The transformations make me realize how much we do stay the same, even in the midst of the many changes.  We are still amazing friends and share so much of who we are with each other.  I am so happy that I can be a part of the next chapters in each of my friends' lives.  I love you all immensely.

I got started musing about all of this growing older business because, in addition to a slew of recent and very exciting engagements of a few of my close friends, one of my dearest friends (from high school!) & her husband welcomed their new little girl, Kairi Faith Lopez, into the world on Friday.  I was fortunate to be able to meet her today before she was even 24 hours old & she is just too precious for words.  Congratulations, Kristen & Troy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment