Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sad Heart

Yesterday I had to say goodbye to Drew until October.  It was very sad to leave him and know that I won't be able to hold him for the next eight months.  But I know that God will be holding Drew in the palm of His hand.  And that gives me a lot of peace even if I did feel like my little heart was breaking a bit as I drove by myself back up from San Diego.

But before Drew left we were so lucky to be able to spend so much time together and see so many people that we both love dearly.  He had almost two full weeks of leave and we certainly made the most of it.  We basically had a tour of California.  We spent a week up in Piedmont with Drew's family and it was very relaxing.  It was so nice to spend some quality time with them.  We also got to see many of our friends up there because Sue put together a wonderful little going-away party for Drew.  And we got to have dinner with my Lindsay who I've missed so much!  We spent one fabulous night in San Francisco and had an amazing dim sum lunch - I just can't get enough Chinese food!  On our way down from our visit with the Coffins, we spent a night in Santa Barbara to visit Sarah.  It was so great to see her & visit all of my favorite restaurants - are you noticing a trend here?  Then we had one night in L.A. to eat tasty Mexican food (at Gardens of Taxco in West Hollywood - really quirky little place with good food even if there is an obscene amount of it) with our law school friends, including Michelle who just popped in for the weekend from Phoenix.  The timing couldn't have been better!  And finally, it was off to San Diego for one last night together in the romantic Naval Base San Diego "hotel".  Picking up Del Taco for dinner at 9:00 after we had finished all our errands wasn't exactly the culinary highlight of our trip, but I wouldn't have wished to be anywhere else in the world than tucked inside that little hotel room with my amazing husband.  I am so proud of him and will miss him everyday.  I love you, babe.

Thank you to all our family & friends for your love, prayers & encouragement.  We could not ask to be surrounded by better people.

No comments:

Post a Comment