Monday, January 16, 2012

Hello, California

We are now both back safely in California and recovered from our lingering jet lag.  While we do miss Guam, it has been nice to see so many of our friends and family again.  Drew had a successful training in Rhode Island and now knows a little bit more about what to expect in Afghanistan, so that's good news.  He obviously still doesn't know very many specifics about where he'll be or what he'll be doing, but the Navy likes to keep him on his toes.  I've been doing a lot of cleaning out at my Dad's house to get ready for my semi-permanent move back into my old room.  Coming back makes me feel like I'm 17 and in high school again, but I think it should hopefully work out just fine.  I'm so grateful to Dad for letting me stay with him!

I've really been able to see a lot of friends & family in the last week.  I've spent some QT with Grams & Pops already, and obviously played a lot of Scrabble.  I've seen my dearest law school friends, attended one of my bestie's baby shower, saw Beauty & The Beast 3D (so good!) with Beckie, and spent Thursday morning with my friend Kristen & her three little boys - I tried to entertain them for about an hour while she packed & loaded up the car for their weekend excursion and I was exhausted!  I don't know how she does it and definitely think she's supermom.  Today Drew & I are off to Disneyland to start our slightly belated anniversary celebration.  It should be a really great time & we're both super excited.  Disneyland pics to follow!

Hope you're all doing well & can't wait to see all of my friends in California soon!  Also, don't know if anyone but me noticed, but I now officially have 10 followers & feel so popular.  :)  Thank you all for your love & interest in our lives - it means a lot to us.

1 comment:

  1. You are so popular!! Love knowing what's going on in your life! xo

    ReplyDelete