Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May's Done Already?!

I'm not really sure where the time is going.  Drew will be back before I know it if the months keep flying by this quickly.  I think the trick is to stay really, really busy.  And that's certainly what I'm trying to do!  There's just so much wonderful stuff going on that I don't want to miss out on while I'm in the area.  So I'm trying to take advantage of it all.

Last week my dear friend from college, Sarah, graduated from Cal State Northridge with her Masters in Special Education.  I was lucky enough to be able to go to the graduation and cheer her on with her wonderful family.  I am so proud of her and know that she will touch so many little lives in such a special way.  Congrats, Sarah!


This past Memorial Day weekend I went up to the Oakland area to visit Drew's family.  I am lucky to have such great in-laws and so glad that they are so welcoming of me.  I got to enjoy the long weekend with his mom, dad & sister.  We had some delicious barbecues, played lots of games, went to an A's game, saw a movie, visited with friends, went shopping, and just enjoyed being altogether.  It was such a nice, relaxing weekend.  I really wished it didn't have to end!  And I really wish that every weekend was a three-day weekend.  Things would just be so much better that way.  I guess they could be worse, though, because Drew isn't getting any weekends over there in Afghanistan.  He works seven days a week, every single week.  Poor guy!  

My first baseball game of the season! 
Sisters 

No comments:

Post a Comment