Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Guam International Film Festival

Guam is hosting its first ever international film festival this weekend and I'm volunteering.  I'm so excited that I get to help out with GIFF!  I'm one of the festival supervisor assistants & will be sporting the amazing hot pink "Staff" shirts.  If you're on Guam, you should definitely make it to one or more of the showings.  It goes Friday-Sunday & there are some amazing looking films.  I Heart GU, Forever, Everyday Sunshine: The Story of Fishbone & Project Happiness are some of the films that I'm the most excited to see.  But I know there will be many other great ones - especially in the short film & animation categories.  Here's the trailer for GIFF:


In other news, Drew has been off in Japan this week for work.  He is such a little jet-setter.  I've been keeping busy with him gone.  I mean, most of my shows are back on now so I've had lots of TV-watching to do.  I think I'm liking the new one, Revenge.  Anyone seen any other good new ones?  

And, as the dork that I am, I went to see The Lion King 3D tonight.  I was really hoping that in the new 3D version Elton John would pop out of the screen as his spectacular songs came to life.  But, alas, that didn't happen.  Still it was as amazing and inspirational as always.  It is important to face our past and learn from it, remember who we are & be comforted by the fact that those who have passed away are always looking down on us.  Thanks for the lessons, Simba.

I've been meaning to give this shout-out for awhile, but am a slack-attack when it comes to blogging.  I want to give a big congratulations to my great friend, Kristen, who is expecting her first little bundle of joy in February.  They're having a little girl & couldn't be happier.  Congrats!

And in case you're blind, but still managing to read this...I've changed the blog layout.  Since our lives are in a bit of flux at the moment, I decided to go with the theme "Life is a Highway."  And I do wanna ride it all night long.  

No comments:

Post a Comment