Thursday, September 1, 2011

Our Journey to the Land of Oz

I'm back!  Sorry that I've been absent from the blog for so long, but I've journeyed down under and back.  Drew and I were lucky enough to have his parents visit us in Guam for a few days and then we all flew to Australia for 2 wonderful weeks of vacationing.

So, I've been trying to decide how to recount my trip for all of my millions of followers (ha!) and I think I've devised a plan.  Today will be an overview and some pictures from our time in Guam with Drew's parents.  And then I'll do a post for each of the main spots we went to in Australia - the Daintree Rainforest/Silky Oaks Lodge, Port Douglas, and Sydney.  So stay tuned!

We had such an amazing time in Australia.  It is such a vast and beautiful country with such welcoming and hospitable people.  I saw things that I had never dreamed of seeing in real life - crocodiles, kangaroos & wallabies in the wild!  And it was so fun to travel with Drew's family.  We had a wonderful time together & were able to share some very exciting experiences.  We landed in Cairns and spent our first night in a hotel in the middle of town.  Drew's sister, Maggie, had gotten there a little before us because she flew straight from SFO.  From Cairns we went north to Silky Oaks Lodge, which is nestled on the Mossman River in Far North Queensland, for two nights.  From there we explored the Daintree Rainforest & River.  Our next stop was Port Douglas where we stayed for five nights and went on sightseeing expeditions to The Great Barrier Reef and Kuranda.  Our final stop was Sydney where we stayed for four nights and had an exceptional time exploring the expansive, beautiful & extremely interesting city.  It was a wonderful trip.

But before all that, we had a wonderful time showing Rick and Sue our island home.  We showed them around base, went to the War in the Pacific museum, visited Ritidian beach & played lots of bridge!  It was great to have them stay with us & we miss them already.









And for those of you who can understand my unhealthy and strange addiction to Bachelor Pad, I managed to catch up on all the episodes and I cannot stand Casey or Vienna.  They drive me absolutely insane and I hope they leave very soon or I am going to stop watching (honestly, who am I kidding?).

Lastly, Happy September everyone!  I'm looking forward to fall and the return of all our shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment