Sunday, March 16, 2014

Enjoying This Time

So, our little baby is about 4 days past its* due date now.  I won't say late because the little bean will come when it is ready - at the exact right moment - and God already knows its birthday!  In the meantime, Drew and I are enjoying the calm.  We've been sleeping in, I've been doing a lot of napping, we've been going out to eat almost every meal (and I don't even feel guilty since we won't be able to do it soon and my dieting has got to start soon too!), and we've just generally been relaxing and enjoying each other.

Thankfully, we're not anxious.  Don't get me wrong, we are definitely excited – excited to see what my body is capable of during labor and delivery, excited to see what my body is capable of once the baby is born and I can still provide every nutrient that little one needs, excited to see what my husband and I are capable of as new parents, and so, so excited to see what our child is capable of.  But we know that peanut will come exactly when it is supposed to.  As long as I still feel great and our baby is doing well in there, we don't mind waiting.  In fact, it has been a wonderful time to just be still and know God is in charge.  As Psalm 46:10 says, "Be still, and know that I am God."  There is no better time to be still than when you are waiting.  And I'm enjoying the peace of knowing and feeling exactly who is in charge.  And it's not me!        


*  Yes, I refer to our baby as "it" and that doesn't bother me.  Hope it doesn't bother you either.  But, since we don't know the gender, it is just too much work to write he/she every time and "their" wouldn't be proper grammar.  So it it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment