Monday, June 18, 2012

Rstr: 01 - Corrective Lenses

That's now what my drivers' license will say on it.  One restriction for corrective lenses.  Boo!  I knew that my eyesight was getting slightly worse, but I still just don't consider myself a person that needs glasses.  But I guess I've got to face up to the cold, hard facts now.  I know that tons of people have to wear glasses/contacts and it's not a big deal at all.  And in time it won't feel like a big deal at all to me, but it just seems like I have to go through a bit of an identity change now.

I'm also extremely stubborn and I just still feel like I don't really need them.  I mean, at the DMV this morning I could see the eye chart just fine with both eyes.  I could even see it just fine with my right eye, but my left eye just conked out on me.  As soon as I covered up that right eye and the left eye had to fend for himself, I knew I was doomed.  The chart became a total blur, the mean lady made me put on my glasses to retake the eye test and told me that she had to include "corrective lenses" on my license from now on.  But, honestly, when am I ever going to drive with one eye covered?!  I just don't get it.  Well, I guess that's enough griping for one day.  I'm now officially Jessica with bad eyesight - onto a life of glasses/contacts for me.

2 comments:

  1. Love you and your cute corrective lenses
    #firstworldproblems

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yeah, I guess I'm lucky that I have the means to correct my bad vision. :)

    ReplyDelete