Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

Drew & I had a very mellow Halloween this year.  We didn't dress up at all or go out.  Instead, we stayed in and carved pumpkins!  Drew free-handed his cat/moon carving.  As usual, I used a pattern.  This year's choice pattern was a haunted house.  We carved our pumpkins while watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown."  About halfway through, Drew commented that Charlie Brown is really kind of strange & he's right!  It's a bit of an odd show, but still a classic.  We also watched "Resident Evil" for some good Halloween zombie action.  Even though we were stocked up on Halloween candy, we sadly didn't get a single trick-or-treater.  I was a bit disappointed, but at least I have lots of friends with kids who will send me adorable pictures of their little ones all dressed up!  See any great costumes this year?

Pre-carving.  I'm such a good wife, that I even "gutted" Drew's
pumpkin for him.  He kept saying how gross it is, but I
think that's one of the best parts!

Post-carving.  They would look better with candles, but we forgot to get them...

No comments:

Post a Comment