Monday, June 24, 2013

Secret Garden Tour


A few weekends ago, Drew and I had the opportunity to go on a Secret Garden Tour here in Newport.  It was the perfect combination of allowable snooping and beautiful flowers.  The gardens that we got to explore were most of the time just in the backyards of the private homes of Newport and a few were inns.  It was just as fun looking around the house as it was looking at the gardens.  The creativity and beauty of the backyards was astonishing to me because I don't the skill, patience, or imagination to create what these individuals did.  Two of the gardens even had Koi ponds, and I love a Koi pond.  It was also a perfectly lovely weekend in Newport for our tour, so we had a great time just walking around and enjoying being outside without fifty layers on.  Here are some of my favorites from the tour:


I love succulents!  And I love this boot planter!

 

 


Such a cute use of a tree & birdhouses!



They're all so pretty!  Which one is your favorite?  

No comments:

Post a Comment