Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Christmas Miracle

The other night Drew & I experienced a true Christmas miracle.  We were on our way to our friends' house for dinner in Agat and we got lost.  We ended up driving up this pretty steep hill that dead-ended in a cul-de-sac.  Drew was driving and as he was about to make the u-turn so we could get back on track he said he saw a deer.  I didn't see the deer from my side and figured that it was one of the tiny deer we've heard are on Guam but have never actually seen, and I assumed that it had scurried off when our car drove by.  I was a bit disappointed.  But, as Drew completed the u-turn, I saw a huge deer sitting (not in a dead or hurt way at all) alert in the grassy field by the side of the road.  And this wasn't just any deer, I promise you, it was a reindeer!  It was a massive deer and it had massive antlers, just like any normal reindeer has.  It turned it's head to look at us, but didn't seem to be too bothered. It was so amazing!  As we drove away stunned I told Drew that we'd just seen a Christmas miracle - a reindeer in Guam!

And it doesn't end there...we finally called our friends to try to find their house and we were almost there when a cat ran out in front of our car.  Drew braked for him, but instead of running across the street the cat stopped right in the middle of the road and started doing jumps & flips right in front of our car.  That cat was full of tricks.  Once he'd showed off enough he ran back the way he came.  I'm not sure what he was doing, but it was another spectacular sighting!  We really need to go to Agat more often.

3 comments:

  1. Those are some serious Christmas miracles! However, remember I saw that trick turning cat in July!!! He must be making his rounds in Guam spreading his tricks for all to see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally remember that you saw the trick cat in July!! I told Drew that it was probably the same one. :)

    ReplyDelete