Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday in Guam with Dad & Fred.  Drew & I are so thankful that they could come all the way out here to be with us.  And we are so thankful for all of you that are far away.  Even though we miss you lots!  We hope that you are having a blessed Thanksgiving with your families & friends.  We all have so much to be thankful for.

Yesterday I spent the majority of the morning cooking the pies, the turkeys and all the side dishes.  I made a Ginger Pumpkin Pie and Bourbon Pecan Pie from Cooking Light magazine.  They turned out okay, but I overdid the crusts a bit.



And while I was busy slaving away in the kitchen, I walked out to find Dad and Fred sleeping on the couch...


I guess they were busy working up an appetite.  :)  Drew made the tasty cranberry sauce and was so helpful getting everything ready, and he was especially helpful with the clean up.  I have such a great husband!  And I am very thankful for him.  


The feast


2 comments: